Last month, I bought the newly released Samsung Galaxy S2. After using it for a month, here is my short review
NOTE : I am reviewing my phone, after some hands on experience on similar smartphones like Sony Ericsson Arc and LG Optimus 2X
What’s Good :
- Super AMOLED display is crystal clear. Pictures are ultra sharp and clear. You will love just to see the screen.
- Gorilla Glass – Put it in your pocket, scratch it, place it on floor, whatever you do, the screen is clean without a single scratch.
- Ultra fast – 1.2 GHz Dual Core processor on a phone . Previously I didn’t switch to an android phone, because of its performance issue in phones with lower processors <800 MHz. But this is stunningly fast.
1) Scroll a folder with 200 pictures in it – It is fast and shows all thumbnails
2) Scroll with 250+ contacts – It is fast
3) Play any 3D game – It is fast and doesn’t lag.
- 16 GB built in memory and 1GB RAM (Normally you don’t need a separate SD card)
- 2 MP front camera which is very good for self shot and video calls
- 1080p video recording is very good.
- As Light as feather – Just 116 grams, when you first hold the phone you will say ‘Hey it is very light weight’
- Touch is very good, touch is very response, accurate and smooth. It feels like liquid.
- Some good features in Samsung’s Touch Wiz 4.0.
1) Shortcut to disable data network
2) Lock screen wallpaper
3) Customizable home screen and app screen.
What’s Not So Good : (I have not mentioned BAD, intentionally)
- Battery Life :
1) If you use it heavily it stands only for 1 Day.
2) But on moderate use it stands for 2 Days (Good for a smart phone)
3) If you use it just for few calls, it will come even for 4 Days.
- Head Phone :
1) Headphone quality is not bad, but for a smart phone of this price it doesn’t match.
2) Also it doesn’t fit properly in my ears.
- Picture Quality : 8 MP Camera quality is good, but not great.
- No Camera Key : As we have used a separate camera key in many phones. It looks odd.
- You need a really big pocket to put this phone – 4.3 inch phone is very difficult to manage, if you travel a lot.
- Some firmware issues, rarely doesn’t connect to Internet and doesn’t charge up and heats up – But all are fixed just by a restart. Hope Samsung will release a firmware update.
Verdict : Best android phone yet or simply the best smart phone yet. To the envy of iPhone.
Some Tips :
- Don’t charge often, Do a full charge when the battery goes down fully. This will improve the battery’s performance
Sample pictures (Click to enlarge) :
Sample Video :